Welcome to Community 2000!
To provide scholarships, awards, and educational project grants
while simultaneously building substantial, multiple endowments.
To function as an all-volunteer, multi-community organization
serving the Chariho Regional School District with
multiple million-dollar education endowments.
Overall Scholarship, Educational Project,
and Award Goals of the Foundation
- • Continue the steady growth of all six endowments.
- • As soon as possible, grow the Community 2000 Scholarship Endowment to at least $1.4 million dollars such that it will support thirty-five annual $2,000 scholarships via a 5% return from endowment investment accounts.
- • Grow each of the ten scholarship segments to the point that each supports two-four scholarships annually.
- • Continue to grow the $25,000 of annual support for Innovative and Strategic Educational Project grants.
- • In the Strategic Project area continue the dual focus on teacher professional development aimed at producing “Champion Teachers” as well as efforts aimed at improving the education basics, i.e., reading, writing, math, science, and computer literacy.
- • Grow the two Awards endowments, and explore additional options to motivate Chariho students to “work hard, have fun and be nice”.
COMMUNITY 2000 EDUCATION FOUNDATION - PO BOX 1161 - CHARLESTOWN, RI 02813