Scholarships and Awards
The goal of Community 2000 Scholarships is to offer students in the towns of Charlestown, Hopkinton, and Richmond the opportunity to further their education by providing financial assistance in the form of four-year scholarships that provide each student continued support throughout their undergraduate studies.
Award winners are typically graduating high school seniors. Students may apply for a general need-based scholarship or one targeted specifically to support graduates based upon future areas of study. These include the following:
- Computer Science and Coding: This scholarship supports Chariho students seeking to study computer science.
- Devin Arts: This scholarship supports a Chariho student seeking further study in the arts.
- Engineering and Materials Science: This scholarship supports students seeking study in engineering and related fields.
- Automotive: This scholarship supports students in the Chariho Automotive program seeking additional automotive training.
- Culinary: The culinary portion of the endowment is a partnership between Community 2000 and the RI Chapter of the American Culinary Federation and supports students in the Chariho Culinary program seeking additional culinary arts training.
- General Career and Tech: This scholarship supports students in the Chariho Career and Technical Center seeking additional technical training.
- Marine Technology: This scholarship supports students seeking additional training in marine occupations.
Scholarship applications will be posted in early 2024
In addition to scholarships, the Community 2000 endowments provide funding for several $1,000 awards given to graduating seniors, including a construction award and a portfolio award. Recipients are chosen by Chariho High School and Chariho Career and Technical center faculty.
“One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world.”